Ryerson Futures is committed to protecting your personal information. The policy below details our practices regarding privacy. This policy may be updated due to changes in best practices, technology, or the law, but we remain dedicated to keeping your personal information safe and secure.
Ryerson Futures is accountable for all personal information we collect. This includes information given to a third party. All private information shared will be treated in accordance with this policy.
By using the Ryerson Futures website, you are bound by the terms of this policy, including:
- Personal information: While visiting the Ryerson Futures website, any personal information collected by Ryerson Futures is protected.
- Non-personal information: All other information collected, such as the date and time of visit, viewed pages, and type of browser, is automatically collected to compile statistics on website usage to help us improve our web presence and services.
In using our website, there are a few points you should be aware of:
- Cookies: Some parts of the Ryerson Futures site may be difficult to use if you have set your browser to not accept them. To view the intended website, please set your browser to accept cookies.
- Links: There will be outbound links to third-party websites throughout the Ryerson Futures website. This is intended as a convenience only; Ryerson Futures does not endorse or assume responsibility or liability for these websites. Ryerson Futures does not have control over these websites, nor their collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
Collecting and disclosing personal information
Ryerson Futures typically collects basic personal information, including your name, address, phone number, and email address. Ryerson Futures collects only the information needed to perform duties requested from us.
This information is collected, used, and disclosed for the following reasons:
- Company-specific: to collect company-specific information and relevant statistical data for reporting purposes to stakeholders. Such information shall be disclosed to third parties by providing anonymized data where the information does not identify the client or any of its shareholders, employees, officers, or directors, or other information to the name of the client or the names of any of its shareholders, employees, officers, or directors. A company further acknowledges and agrees that Ryerson Futures may combine and aggregate such anonymous information with other information that it collects from its other clients and then it may use such aggregated information, including to disclose such aggregated information to third parties, such as government authorities and other stakeholders.
Ryerson Futures will not, at any time, disclose your personal information without your consent, other than as outlined in this policy, unless permitted or required by law.
You have the option to not provide your personal information to Ryerson Futures. At any time, you can cease receiving communications from Ryerson Futures, as well as withdrawing your consent to have your personal information used by Ryerson Futures. Once you’ve contacted Ryerson Futures regarding your consent and use of information, this request requires a reasonable amount of time to complete.
Protecting, accessing, and updating your personal information
Ryerson Futures has appropriate security measures in place to ensure your personal information is safe against risks of loss, theft, unauthorized access and disclosure, copying, modification, and destruction. Employees of Ryerson Futures are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
You can request to access the information held about you by any time by contacting the Privacy Officer. Ryerson Futures will attempt to respond to these requests as quickly as possible, within the legally required time periods.
It is important that all personal information is up-to-date, so if you notice any inaccuracies, feel free to get in touch.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the practices of Ryerson Futures related to your personal information, please contact our privacy officer. Ryerson Futures will investigate any issues and will take appropriate action to resolve them.